Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Blueberry waffles

Yesterday was Luci's official first day of summer...school is over, ballet is on break, and she doesn't seem to have a care in the world.  So, it's okay for her to stay up a little late, relax and enjoy the baby-free warm nights with Mommy and Daddy.

Last night Mommy was tired and didn't want to cook, so we decided to make blueberry waffles.  For the fancier set, you can find an awesome recipe here.  Since Mommy was running on fumes, we opted for the easy route.  As long as blueberries were involved, Lu didn't seem to care.
We mixed together some Krusteaz Pancake Mix, water, vegetable oil, and a carton of blueberries.  I wasn't planning on pouring the entire X-large carton of blueberries in, but Luci had different plans.
Mix, eat, mix, eat...
Pour in to 10-yr old waffle maker. 

Wait...or draw a picture for Uncle Craig who's graduating from Santa Clara this weekend - and already has a job!  Yay!!!

Please excuse my old, dirty waffle maker.  It was a wedding gift (thanks Genevieve!) I do clean it, but since your not supposed to submerge in water, it proves to be difficult to get spotless.

(This batch especially is going to be a pain to clean since the blueberries bled all over the place and made the waffles stick to the machine)
Once done, slather with butter and add syrup (or not). 

Enjoy...

Put 5-yr old to bed and have a much deserved glass of wine.

3 comments:

  1. I gave up my waffle maker esp because I couldn't clean it -- esp with blueberries -- it all proved quite fruitless, really! (ha!!just like you, I'm so funny!) Now my son begs, begs, begs me to buy another. I won't until I get one with removable plates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've spent years looking for a way to make waffle dogs that doesn't involve having to use a huge amount of grease, which is how I managed to find out so much about waffle dog makers.

    Waffle on a stick

    ReplyDelete