Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Staying Busy

Since I've had Wes, I haven't seen a lot of my friends. A lot of it is cuz I'm house bound with a month old baby, but I'm finding that some of it is because my friends think I'm "too busy" with all my kids. Whatever that means...While I'm bored to death sitting inside my house trying to entertain the twins between feeding Wes, my friends don't want to call me or hang out because, "they didn't want to be a bother" or they "knew that I was preoccupied".

Are you kidding me? I'd want nothing more than a distraction from the everyday chores of being a stay at home mom. So, friends, if you're reading this, please don't worry about bothering me - please bug me to death - especially if it involves coffee and gossip, even better!

Oh, and if you want to know what I've been doing to stay busy...

I know I've said before that I stay away from the 3 P's - playdough, painting, and puzzles - I recently came across some dough that made it a bit more appealing. Our local Lakeshore Learning Center has a non-toxic, scented dough that is amazing. And for some reason it's just as pliable but not quite as sticky as the old stuff.

The twins had a blast. It's also a good way to get them learning their colors. We worked with red today.



The dough set I bought included a bunch of cookie cutters and molds. Penny loved these creepy little animals. She kept wanting me to make a mommy and a baby one (ahhh), then she'd smash them together (arghhh).

But it kept them entertained for a good hour. So, this is how busy I am...

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. If you have kids, people always think you're so busy. Half the time I'm not. So I hang out online and comment on blog posts...Remember me if you see my caller id come up! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, I take part of my comment back, it's not that I'm not busy, I actually am...it's just that breaks are good, esp ones that let you communicate with somebody, since that's what we were created for...and I'm sure you probably fit this category too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need this stuff now!!! If YOU will go there I know it must be good. Less of a mess, sign me up!
    Miss you too mama-once my kids are healthy, you know I'm all up in your grill!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well as soon as everyone is healthy we will resume bugging the you-know-what out of you. The dough looks awesome, I may need a trip to Lakeshore soon!

    ReplyDelete