Friday, May 6, 2011

Spagetti with Kiddos on top

It was pasta day yesterday at baby class. We had been looking forward to this since before Easter...it had been scheduled for back then, but class was postponed, then postponed again. All the mommies brought in a lb of pasta, oiled up and ready for our little babes to bath in, wiggle around in, squealing in delight. But then this happened... As you can see from the picture above, only one babe was willing to give it a try. All the older babes were happy to sit on the sidelines eating noodles. My babies wouldn't even get close to the pasta pool - maybe from the bath aversion that they are currently going through?

Penny played DJ with her oh, so stylish friend Sophie while Tripp sat hypnotized by the bubbles blown to an african drum beat...

This class is all about sensory overload, so when the pasta didn't seem to attract the babies, the instructor pumped up the music, brought out the rainmakers, and started blowing bubbles. The babies were loving it! While the older sister/baby class alumnus sat by watching and wishing they could jump in the pasta pool and show them how it's done.

9 comments:

  1. Sorry to have missed it. Love the shot with Shelby and the bubbles with Tracy looking on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, but just a little bit gross, too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roselady... I am with you I think LOL. But I will say - such nice photos! Me being the germphobe would be peeing my pants over that spaghetti pool LOL !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol...Babies do love bubbles!

    When I saw the title to your post I thought it would be some metaphor for life or something! I was definitely surprised when it turned out to be literal! My next thought was, "Ew!" then, "Kinda cool," then, "Very funny (no babies getting in)!" then, "I bet preschoolers would go crazy in it!" Then I had to laugh right out loud when you had an older sister wanting to "show them how it's done!" Very fun post.

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! Whenever I have something that seems super fun, John frequently lets me know that I am so very wrong :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh parker is TOTALLY going through a bath aversion right now! like, a hysterical aversion! i hope it ends soon. love the pasta bath... what a funny idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man! I hate it when good ideas don't go as planned! Looks like they still had fun though. Can't ever go wrong with bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool! Looks like a very interesting experience:)

    ReplyDelete