Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Amy, this one's for you!

Excuse the beer, jean dress, and weird expresssion (although they probably all have to do with each other).

I've read a lot of posts lately about best friends, people that inspire you, long lasting friendships...

We'll, I've got a friend that fits all the above. My friend Amy.

I'm not a great writer (Amy is), but I'll try to do this story justice.

I met Amy the first week of college in Wisconsin. She lived across the hall from me in an all girls dorm. Having come from an all girls high school, I wasn't worried about living there cuz from my high school experience, I figured I'd meet a ton of "bad girls who knew how to party." (Yes, all-girls catholic school is as much the cliche that you'd expect, at least mine was.) Well, Amy was difinitely not bad, and DEFINITELY didn't know how to party. I taught her how to smoke her first cigarette and she clouded up the back of her glasses with the smoke...hillarious!

She was smart, serious, listened to british bands (before they were trendy, which made her strange) and mature beyond her years... I was the weird, blond girl from California that wanted to skip western civ, party and make out with boys. I don't know why, but for me it was love at first sight! I tried to corrupt her, she tried to keep me on the straight and narrow.

We stayed super tight all 4 years of school.
We're still BFFs 17 (yikes) years later.
We've definitely both cleaned up our act (me moreso...).
We both married our college boyfriends.
We both love big families - although she has me beat with 5 babies!
We're both catholic - she's better than me now (although I have more years in catholic school).
And, we're both bloggers!

And although I live in California and she's in Indiana, I still feel like she's across the hall.
Stop by her blog...she blogs about living with Juvenile Diabetes. Her 3 yr old was recently diagnosed and she's learning how to incorporate Diabetes into her everyday life with 5 kids.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, how funny!!!
    I was so surprised when I clicked through my blog reader and saw our funny college faces. Boy, my face was fat then. Good thing I'm nursing, or it would probably still look like that.
    That Bob Marley poster kind of symbolized you back then. Thanks for not focusing too much on my college digressions! Though I really laughed about the cigarette smoke behind the glasses...
    Much love, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are lucky to have each other!!! Girlfriends are the best!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look how beautiful you look!! & don't you LOVE those friends? I have a few I hold dear, and they're the best.
    Second day vote for Miss Penny... CHECK! Thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dorm room looked just like that! And I think I have a pic just like that too with my bff. What a sweet story. I will totally check out her blog. Look at you so blond! :) Beautiful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll definitely check her out! I'm dying over that top picture...it's so full of personality! :)

    Yay for bff's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww I love these two pics :)

    the beer is killing me.. LOL the picture was taken after some have been cracked open hahah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oohhhh this is so sweet. Makes me miss my best friend.


    $100 APART Style Giveaway http://www.atasteoft.com/2011/02/amazing-apart-style-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete