Thursday, January 6, 2011

Week 1: Hello


So as you know by now, I've decided to chronicle my life as a mommy by making the Picture Motherhood 52 commitment. Every week there is a new theme. I'll be posting here and at the tab above. Join me if you're up for the challenge!

Week 1: Hello Who am I? I'm tired...This is me, a couple hours ago, just home from ballet class, didn't have time to change out of my workout clothes or brush my hair. My babies are just crawling and not particularly happy in my lap. I had to bribe my 3 year old with chocolate to sit with me for this shot. I'm happy...whatever works...

I'm taking a photography class, so this particular picture is one of my first attempts at shooting a self portrait manually on my tripod...for this reason, I chose not to do a close-up. And despite the suspiciously Sears-ish looking blue background, this was taken in my home.

We'd love a vote!
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

17 comments:

  1. Oooh man. I see so many people doing this 52 weeks of me thing. I totally want to but I'm intimidated by it!! And LOOK at you all. SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I love this idea! I might have to join in. I have seen a few 52 weeks challenge ones, but this could be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun idea. I recently been trying to take some self portaits, but they never turn out. I need to invest in a tripod and learn how to use a remote! This is very cute of all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing this too!!! That's so funny. Cute family!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are soooo cute!!!! Awesome picture!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photo! You all look so happy and darling. I can't imagine how hard it is to take a manual self portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always love to see your smiling face Kari!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE it! 3 kids..... God bless ya girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lu and the babies look so much like you! Such an adorable picture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is a great idea! So many mommies are always behind the camera and when we look back at photos we regret not having pictures with our families. This is a great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it Kari! Your babies are the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a cute pic, your kiddies ALL look so much like you. They really are beautiful. I also just read your post 'someone's playing favorites' and I have to say I think you made the right decision!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kari - I'd be tired too with twins and a 3yo! I'm amazed that you got all your little ones to sit for the photo and that you're still smiling after the effort. This group shot is priceless. I'm glad you've joined the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. you're kids look so much like you!! how CAA-UTE!!

    Hillary

    www.hillaryandfam.blogspot.com

    www.helpamutha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. how cute are you all! And BEAUTIFUL! This is such a fun picture--I am in LOVE with it!

    xoxo,
    ashley

    ReplyDelete