Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Shoot & Edit: Week 3 - Good Night Edits

I don't know if I'm happy with this week's edits. I've come to realize that you can do a million different tweaks on your photo and kinda end up back to where you started - or in my case, a brighter version.
I did the usual pre-PS edits, then ran a few more, including a couple color layers, smoothed out the skin, PW's bring out the eyes, and a filter or two. I think it's too bright, but like I said, I dunno, i could have edited all night.

Any suggestions or simple tips on how to get a photo like this "just right"? I'd think it should be easy.

We'd love a vote!
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

11 comments:

  1. I don't think it's too bright at all...I think your edit looks just right. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I love how soft it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that it's brightened up! So adorable! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it amazing how long you can sit there editing one photo and question yourself over & over. And then think "Maybe I shoulda just left it" LOL. Actually yours looks fine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree -- you can do so many things to a pic that it's hard to figure out what to do. I think you did a great job on the edit, but I almost prefer the sooc shot, if you ask me! (which you really didn't! lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely sweet moment captured! That's what I love about doing these edits, there is no right or wrong, just what looks good to you!! That's what makes it so fun! I LOVE your edit :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely edit. The softness is perfect for the shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A daddy and his girl. Love it. I think your edit is good!

    ReplyDelete