Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I shot a baby today!

And it was one of the hardest things I've done in awhile. I thought I was so prepared, but nothing can prepare you for the absolute adorableness of a 2 week old baby...Such sweetness.
I had everything I needed. I listened to your great advice, I scoured the internet for sample shots, I found tons of cool textured blankets... But how do you prepare for the unexpected? I got to their always beautiful, usually sun-lit home to find they were painting the exterior. All windows were covered!!! I was without natural light and had to find pockets to shoot in.
All in all, I think we got a few good ones. What do you think?
A huge thank you to my friend and her beautiful family for letting me capture these incredible moments.
We'd love a vote!
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

15 comments:

  1. I think you did a fantastic job! I'm sure this family will love them! Did it give you baby fever? (ha!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my he is perfect I can't wait! You did a great job I really like the one with sis in it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are beautiful, Kari! I love the first one with the Big Sis! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I'm all teary, I love the pic of Jess at the bottom. I can't wait to get over there and hold that baby! They pictures are gorgeous. The naked on on the fur blanket is so cute but I think the winner might be Sof, what a amazing smile you caught!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, Kari. The first capture is amazing. A's across the board.
    I literally said "OH NO" out loud when I read that the windows were covered. That's so tough, but you managed amazingly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great :) honestly great work

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precious, precious!! I know I say that all the time on your blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Love the one on the furry blanket! Great job! :) And the bear hat- Too precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!!! I love them =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are amazing photos i would be very happy with them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOh Kari, you did sooo good!! they all look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a fabulous job! That baby looks so precious.

    ReplyDelete