Thursday, January 20, 2011

Picture Motherhood: Morning

SOOC (above) Edit (below)
This week's theme is Morning. Again, a typical morning for me is to wake up with a baby in my arms...not a bad way to wake up.
This morning was a little different because of something that happened yesterday...I held my babies a little closer, let them lie with me a little longer, gave them extra kisses.

Yesterday, a police officer was shot in the back while patrolling the local high school. By the grace of God, he had just been issued his bullet proof vest earlier in the week. Since the highschool is less than a mile from my home, our neighborhood was in full lockdown as they searched for the suspect.

As I left our home to go stay with a friend, I realized the full impact of what was happening...as a local resident, I was on autopilot responding to the critical events. As a mother I was a mixure of fear, sadness, and complete resilience...fear of the unknown, sadness that this horrible event had taken place in my "safe" neighborhood, and complete resilience because I knew I was going to do whatever it took to make sure we were safe.

When I got into bed last night I knew it wasn't going to be the most restfull sleep I've had, and I checked on my babies a few times to make sure they were safe...

But I woke up this morning, looked over at my sleeping husband with Luci's arm flung over his chest, kissed my babies, and started my day knowing that we're going to be okay...


We'd love a vote!
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful way to wake up! Treasure it, because they grow so fast! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that happened so close to home! Praising God you are all safe and so is the officer. My best friend is a Capt. of a police force in Miami and two officers were killed today - one was a woman. My heart breaks for their families and all who knew them!

    Love your edit! Hugs to you tonight!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this story on another friend's blog! You must live in the same city/town! So sad but glad he's okay!

    Cute captures! Adorable baby!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a scary story. i am so sensitive to things like this so of course i got a little teary eyed as i read this. this is coming from a mama who cries every time i see an ambulance. so glad your family is safe and i will say a prayer for your family and officer and his family as well.

    very sweet photo too. great job at correcting the tones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness - that's pretty scary. I do love your edit though. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow....I'd be nervous too! Beautiful edit though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scary to have that happen so close to home...lovely edit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw how sweet! I have this OCD thing and have to check my daughter at least once or twice before going to bed, but I stay in there forever and give a million kisses and tell her I love her a ton of times :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, wow. How frightening that must have been and good for you for finding the strength to keep yourselves safe.

    Sweet photographs. Love the warmth of your edit on the first one.

    ReplyDelete