Monday, January 17, 2011

Meal Planning Monday

I forgot today was Monday...Yikes.

Monday: Chicken Tortellini
Tuesday: The Best Pot Roast w/ mashed potatos & peas
Thursday: Meatloaf w/ mashed potatos & broccoli

A couple of you asked me how I make the Salsa Chicken from last week. It seriously is one of the easiest, best chicken dish...it cooks perfectly each time and you can make is spicy or not depending on which salsa you use.

Salsa Chicken
2 chicken breasts
1 jar of salsa - I use Pace Thick n Chunky Medium
1 can of Mexicorn
2 limes (optional)

Here's what you do. Place the chicken breasts side-by-side on a large sheet of tin foil. Dump the salsa on the chicken breasts. Dump the Mexicorn on the salsa. Place another large sheet of tin foil on top and close/fold the edges of the tinfoil to create a tin-foil pocket. Cook in oven at 350 for 30 min. Voila! or Arriba!

Pair with black beans & rice...you're set. Seriously the easiest, tastiest dinner. Even Luci likes it.

We'd love a vote!
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

3 comments:

  1. ooooo Salsa Chicken sounds yummy... But I'm about to google Mexicorn... Pathetic I KNOW... Bwahaahahaha... We Love to menu plan too.. mabe you'll get a chance to see what WE are eating this week. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really do need to start meal planning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for doing this! I have slacked in this area big time!

    ReplyDelete