Thursday, December 9, 2010

One of those days...

Yesterday was, well, one of those days...one of those days when nothing seems to go right or be easy. I was still trying to get back into mom-mode from being in Vegas for 3 days (which, BTW, was fantastic!). I was tired from being woken up during the night by each of my three children, at different times. The babies had yellow-snot colds - a lot yuckier than the clear kind and were needing to be held all day. I needed to take a shower and hadn't worked out yet (and didn't know when I'd get a chance to). I had nothing in the fridge and needed to go grocery shopping. blah, blah, blah...All regular old mommy gripes...

Then, icing on the cake...I got caught up in some crazy mommy drama at Lu's pre-school! Now, I know you only know me online, but I'm generally a low-drama/keep to myself/peace & love type of person. I had no idea how to handle this situation. So, of course I let it bother me all day and it bummed me out completely. Talked to a couple of friends (Hi friends!), talked to my mom.

Finally, I asked myself, why is this so important to me? I know my family and friends love me and I take good care of them...why let one mommy (who I really don't know) misunderstanding bother me so much? Ah, big breath...count to ten...high school sucked once, why relive it?

I think I just need some sleep. Thanks for listening to me vent...I promise I won't do this often.

On a happier note, the wonderful Ashley over at Ashley plus 3, is running an awesome giveaway. The perfect type of giveaway. Check it out!

Also, don't forget about the Bellamina giveaway below. Go here to enter to win!

8 comments:

  1. Vent away! We all have our moments that we need to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you looking for a meaningful holiday gift? Give the gift of education!

    1 promise = $10/month = 1 year of education for a child in the developing world.

    www.seasonofpromises.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that does not sound like a fun day! Hopefully today is better :) I was about to kill my dogs this morning, and my little guy is getting his molars. Needless to say, he's been a real blast this week...

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off thanks for the giveaway plug! You are so sweet.

    2nd, I hope you didn't lose any sleep over the drama. It's over and done and no harm done. It's good for us all to remember who are close friends are. And I agree with Melissa Jo above, vent anytime. :)

    3rd, I cannot imagine trying to recover from Vegas! And I still need to hear all the details.

    4. Sorry you have sick babies! Will I see you tomorrow?

    p.s. Sophia's comment is super random.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's easy to get caught up in the drama isn't it? I am not looking forward to dealing with all that one day soon when GG enters pre-school! Like you, living through it once in HS was enough!

    Hope your day is going better now!

    Shannon

    Webbisodes
    http://ourgatorzone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so hear you on everything! Hope things get better :)

    Hi there!

    Just found you on the hops and I am your newest follower. Love your blog! Check out my blog and say hi sometime! While you are there you might wanna check my latest giveaway that is ending tomorrow with LOW entries, so come on by!
    HANDMADE HOLIDAY CARDS FROM ETSY :)

    ~Sassy
    Single Mama in LA

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm the same way... Stuff like that bothers me all day. Try not to worry about it though, tomorrow will be a better day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes! don't let that mom get you down!! I used to work in a daycare and moms can be so mean! Everyone needs to chill out and focus on their own children and family! I hope your days are better :)

    ReplyDelete