Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Christmas Countdown

Can you believe that Christmas is this Saturday?! I'm kinda glad that it rained all weekend here, cuz it kept me inside and away from any last minute shopping that needs to be done. I'm sure the malls were packed and the stores a mess.

This year, I did the majority of my shopping online. With most of the stores offering free shipping, why not? So, being housebound, it was a good opportunity to start my wrapping. Like alot you, I don't want to be up all night on Friday. I'd love to be able to relax, drink a glass of wine and get to bed early cuz I know Lu's gonna be up at early.

Poor Mark hung our lights today, in the pooring rain! He's such a good daddy...he knew how important it was to Luci that we have lights on our house to guide Santa to us. He woke up and hit WallMart early to get some lights. Can you believe he bought the last two strands? You should see how sad our house looks...but Lu LOVED the lights!

Then she spent the rest of the day in her "little house" (in what used to be our dining room) watching Christmas movies on the iPad. It was a good weekend - got a little bit done, but had a lot of fun!

Are you ready for Saturday? Any last minute things that you need to finish? What do you save for last?

P.S. Uncle Craig, if you're reading this, I hope you got out of Italy! We want you home for Christmas! XOXO

7 comments:

  1. I'm following from the Monday Mingle on Tough Cookie Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have my sons turkey hanging up too. I like the days to just stay in, relax, and shop online.

    Your husband is great for hanging up light in the rain. It has just been real cold and windy here so neither me or mine will go outside to hang the lights. We are wuss'. But on the flip side the children are not out there to care we don't have any lights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture is so cute, she is so focused!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have doneost of my shopping online too! It's so much more convenient. And your husband is a sweetie for putting up lights in the rain. My hubby is super sweet but I don't even think HE would do that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fabulous house! it rained here one day and then thankfully stopped...it gets too messy and nope I haven't even really begun our shopping....whatever....don't care much! we shop afterwards:) haha have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still have Christmas shopping to do. Yikes!

    We built forts like that too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It came to fast this year! LOL!
    Found you while blog hopping! I'm your newest follower! http://handmadewithlove4u.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete