Ever had one of those days when you wake up with a jolt cuz you suddenly remembered that you had something important to do? The kind of urgency where you jump out of bed, get dressed, grab your keys, run out to the car and realize that you have no idea where you're going and what you're late for, or even what day it was? Cuz this happened to me this morning.
I woke up around 5:30am cuz i thought that I was late for something. For work? Thank goodness I snapped out of it before I went driving off into the sunrise. I've been a stay at home mom now for 3 years +...I guess you could say that I work from home. Plus, the outfit I chose for my urgent imaginary meeting was far from business casual (no bra - do I work as a topless dancer?).
Was I still dreaming? Was it from my lack of sleep? Is it a subconcious message that I want to go back to work (YUCK!)? Is it because living on a baby's schedule, all of my days are the same? Am I crazy?
Has this happened to anyone else?

Ha! This hasn't happened to me in ages. Maybe you are a topless dancer and don't know it?
ReplyDeleteIn high school, I used to wake up at midnight and get showered and dressed, only to finally realize that it was not actually morning. My parents thought it was hilarious... I haven't done that in years though :)
ReplyDeleteFound you on Mom Bloggers club - love your blog! Funny story you shared, I haven't had that feeling yet, but I do sometimes forget that SAHMs are allowed to take naps! Check out my blog if you want: http://maevesmomma.blogspot.com/
ReplyDelete