Friday, November 19, 2010

Doing the little things with a little one


I finally did it...I took a shower this morning while the babies were awake! Sounds incredible, right? I put them down in front of my big mirrored closet doors, introduced them to their new little friends across from them, and ran away for my 5 minute shower. 5 minutes later I found that they had gotten into a fight with their reflections and were leaning head first into the mirror crying their eyes out.

As most of you moms already know, it's pretty much impossible to do the "little things" when you have a little one. Well, I have two little ones, and unfortunately they don't believe in napping at the same time. As my husbandd fondly says, "one keeps watch while the other takes care of business." What do they think we're gonna do to them? As much as daydream about sending my kids to boarding school or selling them to the circus (only on bad days, I promise), that's not gonna happen!

Back to the small things.

Drycleaning...yeah right. Maybe if it was socially acceptable to let your kids sit in the car for 2 minutes. My husband is banished from client meetings due to lack of business attire.
Grocery shopping...Ha! Only late night runs. Just the thing I want to do after all my kids are down for the night.

Starbucks...I wish. Only if it's a playdate. Those are always fun - especially when you get dirty looks from the wierd people that spend all day there on their computers doing whatever they do all day at starbucks on their computers...

Haircut/eyebrows...My hair is currently 5 feet long and a natural shade of "whatever". You don't even want to know about my brows.

Teeth... (TMI) ususally get around to brushing after lunch - at least I get to it!

Diet...As you know, I started a diet Monday. It's going great if you consider Anorexia "a diet". I've realized that there was a reason I considered Halloween candy and bagels a healthy lunch. It was quick and easy. Now that I have to find the time to make something healthy, I find myself skipping meals...Up side is, while I might be in a horrible mood from malnutrition, at least I'll look good (minus the hair and brows).

I'm sure you can relate. Off to get Tripp out of his crib. No, I didn't stick him there for an hour to eat lunch - but that's not a bad idea!

3 comments:

  1. I can relate and I only have one little one! I literally cannot imagine how you do two?!? I eat so bad too for the same reason. :( Some day we'll be clean and skinny and well rested again, right? Right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!!!! I am your newest follower from MBC please stop by and follow me back as well,I also have a great giveaway going on as well

    http://beachbabys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I can't relate, I'm not a mom yet, but I can only imagine! Good post! Thanks for stopping by my blog I'm following back!!
    Jeska @
    livinglovesong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete