Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Great Twinvention

As some of you already know, I have three kids, a 3-year old daughter and a set of 7month old twins. As a stay-at-home-mom with all these "babies" in my tiny house, I'm always on the lookout for products to make my life easier. During my many trials, I have found that the perfect product must be:

Relatively inexpensive...relatively because I've found that I'm willing to spend $$$ if it is as good as it promises
Small footprint...I have a small house and three kids
Efficient...to me this means that it's got to last awhile (unless it was cheap enough for me to not feel horrible about purchasing again)

Recently I came across this fantastic high chair from IKEA. I can't seem to find it online, but I bought it last week at my local IKEA for $39. I LOVE this high chair. Had I known about it earlier, I might have skipped buying the bulky (yet great in all other ways) Fisher Price high chairs. What is great about this chair is that besides meeting my three criteria above, they are lightweight and foldable. I bought them to keep at my mom's house and she loved that they fold up and can be stored in her closet - both of them! The only drawback so far is that they don't have a tray - they are supposed to be scooted under the table. For one child this is no problem, but with twins this gets tricky cuz I like to have them right in front of me while I feed. Another great Twinvention; I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but IKEA also sells these highchair support inserts for little babies like Penn. Only cost me $4.99...have yet to see how they wash...

2 comments:

  1. Super cool! Are they low enough to fit under a regular dining table?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love IKEA! They always have wonderful stuff. I bought a baby/toddler bath tub there for $7.99 and it is great.

    ReplyDelete