Sunday, November 28, 2010

Tangled Experience

Yesterday I took Lu to see her first movie, Tangled. My mom offered to take her along with her cousins, but since I wasn't sure that she'd be able to sit through the entire movie, I opted to join them in case she fell asleep or decided to bolt mid-way through.

But I was pleasantly surprised to find that she really enjoyed the whole experience. We got to the theatre a little early and I bought her some popcorn and M&Ms and we grabed her 3D glasses and a booster and settled into our seats front and center. When the lights went down she kinda freaked and ran to my seat (my mom and I sat a row behind the girls). But as soon as she felt okay, she sat back down with the big girls for the rest of the movie.




The movie itself was really cute. I appreciated how it was geared towards the little ones and not so much the adults like other kid movies (Shrek, Bee Movie, Toy Story, Madagascar to name a few). I was starting to wonder who these animated "kid movies" were really made for. The music was fun (is that really Mandy Moore singing?) and there weren't any inside jokes that go over the kids heads.


Tangled was pure child entertainment, but nothing that an adult wouldn't appreciate or find boring. Also, there were a few scarey parts, but they went by real quick and Lu didn't seem to get overly spooked.


The only complaint I had was a very general one about all this 3D stuff. It's been awhile since I had been to a movie in a theatre, but it seems like all movies these days are 3D. If this is the case I've decided that I'm gonna invest in a pair of 3D glasses for myself and Lu. Besides the fact that the adult glasses provided didn't fit on my 3-yr old's head, the idea that we're potentially sharing fun stuff like lice really creeps me out.


The only 3D glasses I found on the web that were geared towards kids were these glasses made by RealD for Disney. They can be purchased on Amazon for about $5. As Lu gets older and sees more movies this seems like an investment worth making.


*All the above is my opinion and I didn't get anything to have one!

4 comments:

  1. How cute is Lu with her friends! Nate is dying to see a movie in the theater, do you think Tangled is too girly for him? Great idea to buy our own glasses too. Maybe we should get our friends to go in together so we only have to pay 1 shipping fee.

    p.s. I left you an award on my blog today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your super fabulous! i need to take the girls to the movies....glad to know there are 3d glasses online...i'm so clueless with this kind of stuff!!! thanks...have a nice eve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review ... Im hoping to take my kids to this one...and I hate how adult all the "kids" movies, we actually preview movies before the kids see them because the are so intended to entertain adults... And can I say ewww! Reused glasses...ours are always wrapped in plastic, I assumed they were new....I wonder if they just rewrap them ... They do have the collection bins at the exits ( but we always keep ours)

    ReplyDelete