Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hitting Rock Bottom

So, Sunday was the day that I realized I hit rock bottom...Thank God. I needed this day to come. After devouring 6 pieces of Lu's Halloween candy and getting bummed out that there were no more snickers bars, I reminded myself that I was still wearing my favorite maternity jeans....and they were tight! Oh no, my "fat" jeans were now my "skinny jeans".

No more excuses. The twins are now almost 7-months old and completely weaned...time to loose the 80+ lbs I gained over the past year.

No more Halloween candy - in the garbage!
No more cupcakes, donuts, cookies - cake mix out of the house!
No more excuses - wake up at 6am and get on the treadmill (YUCK, I know, it's the only time I have during the day)
No more diet cokes - 8 a day doesn't fulfull my water quota...drink more water
No more workout pants/leggings unless I'm working out - Just cuz they streatch doesn't mean I have room to grow!
No more yelling at my 3 year old - its not her fault that I gained all the weight (it's the twins :)
No more take-out or frozen food - Bring back Meal Planning Mondays
No more lonely nights - Be nice to my husband...get back on the wagon (if you know what I mean)
No more ignorance - take a picture of myself every Monday to make me really look at myself - and admire the weight coming off.
Will this bring back the old me? Keeping my fingers crossed.

4 comments:

  1. just came over from your friends blog - I am so with you (although I'm still complaining about weight I put on 10 years ago - how very sad??? I'm going to try to follow your rules! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - your friend "Ashley plus 3" - I'm sure you have more than one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list Kari, I need to get on this bandwagon with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just did the same thing! Stay strong! It takes 30 days to make a change turn in to habit and routine. I started P90X a couple of weeks ago. I was doing great until my son had surgery last Friday. I haven't done it since :( I am going to start again today though...this post just convinced me I needed to/that I could do it.

    ReplyDelete