
Last night I was initiated into the Black Friday Shoppers Club...or should I call it as it turned out to be, Cold, Hopeless Thursday Night Shoppers Club. I don't know why, but after a long day of cooking and eating, I thought it would be a good idea to go to Toys R Us' Day afte Thankgiving Sale. Call it stupid, call it what you want, but I honestly thought that I would cruze over to my local Toys R Us store at 11PM and be able to walk right in, get my doorbuster deals and leave all in about an hour. Yeah, right.
I should have known when I was approaching the mini-mall entrance and noticed all the extra traffic. I should have gotten a clue when there was a detour at one of the exits. I should have turned around and left when I saw the rediculously long hour-deep line just to get into the store. Did I? No, obviously still in denial, I cheerfully got in line and made friends with the people in front of me. An hour later, I wasn't so friendly.
By then, I was too invested to exit the line...I could see the store entrance with the bouncer waving people in two at a time. I had tolerated the obnoxious people behind me commenting rudely to everyone leaving the store. I had put up with the smokers and the crying babies (why anyone brings their baby to this is beyond me), and had marveled at the dedication of the bargain hunters who were there just for the thrill of the hunt. Plus, I was more determined than ever to get that doorbuster...whatever it was, i didn't even care. I started to realize how I was pathetic enough to go there at eleven, but not pathetic enough to get there when it opened at 10!
.
A glimmer of hope came around 12am when I was a group away from the entrance and got a text from a friend who was inside the store! Yes, here's my chance, I'll just have her get me my doorbuster and breakfree from this nightmare...Not to be so. Her text read, "Help me I'm trapped inside." The freezing cold line outside was on the begining...once inside the checkout line was 3-hour deep! As I approached the entrance to the store I was in disbelief, "What? No way! There is no possible way that this could be true. Why would anyone shop Black Friday if it was this bad?" I walked in saw the checkout line, turned around and walked out!
.
Never again!!!!
.
I casually woke up this morning, The REAL Black Friday, fed the babies, got dressed, drove over to Toys R Us, parked, walked right in and got my doorbuster in 15 minutes! Maybe no thrill of the hunt, but total satisfaction!
oh my goodness! Glad you were able to go back and get it later!
ReplyDeleteOh no you didn't! We thought about it but didn't do it. Glad you got your stuff today!
ReplyDeleteHi there, I am a new follower from the hops. I would love it if you came by and visited/followed me too.
ReplyDeleteThank you,
Marie
The Things We Find Inside
Tag BACK! ... lol Cute blog! I love all your pictures!!
ReplyDeletePS. i hope i clicked on the right blog haha
Following you from the blog hop!
ReplyDeleteHope you can stop by :)
http://memoriesofmeli.blogspot.com
black Friday was insane!! I drove to Toys R us. Saw the hundreds of people in line and ran like a little school girl home, only to return 8 hours later. You are brave!! Thanks for linking up at my hop! Following you now!
ReplyDeleteLove your blog design! I'm now following you through the Swingin' By Sunday Blog Hop. I hope you'll do the same! You can find me @ http://sofiasideas.com/
ReplyDeleteSofia's Ideas
What a cute blog . . . looking forward to reading more!
ReplyDeleteThanks for following my blog . . . I am following you back :-)
I've never done Black Friday and never will. Since discovering online shopping, I can find good deals every day. Some people love the adventure of Black Friday . . . I'm not so adventurous!!
Hope you and your family had an awesome Thanksgiving holiday . . . Gina
http://peacelovehappinesshappens.blogspot.com