Saturday, September 11, 2010

Twin Timing

At Erica's wedding, pre-babies, when I had time to color my hair

About two years ago, I was driving to a restaurant with one of my oldest (since 10th grade) and dearest friends, Erica. I had already had Luci and Erica was in a year long "trying phase". While on the drive, after asking her how she was doing and trying to offer her my best advice, I could hear a quiver in her voice...she blurted out that she was pregnant...WITH TWINS!!!! Of course I was estatic. But I clearly remember thinking to myself, better her than me! Little did I know that a year later, I'd be in the same situation, except I'd have the luxury of having a best friend who has gone through it already.

Throughout my pregnancy I used her as a resource to gage the "normalcy" of my experience. Now I use her to gage the milestones of my babies and to get the best recomendations for twin products and parenting techniques. Despite juggling twins and a part-time job, she is allways willing to answer questions and offer advice.
She stopped by the other day to meet the babies...and I got a glimpse of what to expect when twins are 1. Her twins, Leila & Oliver, were definitely a handful, but the cutest handful...
I guess at 1, they are crawling around like little monkeys putting whatever they can find in their mouths.

No comments:

Post a Comment