Wednesday, September 15, 2010


So, I spoke to my friend Kim yesterday for the first time since her diagnosis...she sounded really upbeat and so calm...the doctors have given her 9 months to 2 years to live. But she's determined to be one of those cases where "the doctor gave me 2 years to live and that was 10 years ago". I know if anyone can do it, Kim can. I know it's such a cliche, but her whole essense is such an inspiration - her calm under such an intense/difficult situation really makes me really take stock in my life. PLEASE DISREGARD MY NEGATIVE WHINING IN MY PREVIOUS POST! I am happy to be so bogged down by my life...it could be much worse...

She's under a lot of pressure from her health insurance company, so typical. I guess since her diagnosis was a month after starting her new job (and health insurance) the insurance company is trying to claim that her cancer was a pre-existing condition and trying to deny her claims. Can you belive it? As if her situation couldn't get any more difficult.

Which brings me back to my little fundraiser...if any of you are interested in the Hope Dress ($35) that I am selling to benefit Kim's Cause please, please, please contact me either via email or by purchasing a dress through my Etsy shop on the left sidebar. 100% of the proceeds will go directly to Kim to help her pay some of her bills.

I've already sold 7 dresses and want to make a ton more...

Also, be sure to pass the word around...the dresses are super cute and while they are summer/spring looks, we can always make them a size bigger for next year. Forward my link below:

www.loveluciblog.blogspot.com/2010/09/hope-dresses-for-sale.html

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment