Monday, September 13, 2010

Finally, Clean Hair


I was standing in the shower last night at 11:30 PM, and the only thing I could think about was what was on the agenda for the next day...While mentally reviewing what I could remember of the weekend - essentially a whirlwind of not getting much done except bathing my children and making sure they were fed (which pretty much took up the entire time), I was willing myself to get up at 5am to work out, make all the appts hat I've been putting off, and remember to eat 3 square meals. My plan was set, I got out of the shower, grabbed my towel and realized that my hair was dry. I had forgotten to wash my hair, the main motivation for the shower...back in I went.

Does being a stay at home mom to three little ones get any easier? When it does, is that when I feel the need to have another? I hear that's what happens. Do I really have to wait 18 years before I can find a time to get my hair colored? Is 3 old enough to babysit two 5 month olds? Does eating a half a box of goldfish count as lunch? Is it okay to hide in the bathroom for 15 minutes while my husband is home? Are these irrational questions?

Even funnier, while I was dropping Lu off at school this morning, this super cute mom (who, BTW, has two and a 3rd on the way) tells me what a great job I'm doing and how "together" I am. While she's talking to me, I can't help but think to myself how I can't get too close to her because I haven't brushed my teeth yet, am wearing the same jeans and tanktop I've worn the past two days, and my son is sitting in the same soggy diaper that he's been in all night...BUT MY HAIR IS CLEAN!

Sometimes I think I need a break, but what would I do? where would I go? My family really needs me. My kids are happy and healthy, so I guess I'm doing all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment