Thursday, February 2, 2012

Girls Team Rules!

Now that we have a family of six, Luci loves that there are 3 girls and 3 boys now. As if at any moment we're gonna square off in a challenge of some kind, she runs around the house yelling, "Girls team rules!".

Not that I disagree (I AM on the girls team), but it has become a bit much. And since Tripp is Luci's shadow, he's started to join in on the girls team cheers, making Luci mad and Tripp upset when she angrily corrects him.

I've tried to create a "family team" cheer, but it doesn't seem to pacify our girl-team captain.

To make things more even, I've decided to make "family team" capes. I ran to Joanne's and bought a couple yards of silky, bright fabric and some velcro and will be wiping the dust off of my sewing machine later today. I'm hoping this will unify the boys and the girls, making my life a little easier.

1 comment:

  1. Can this be true? Are you going to be on-blog again? I'm a little leery, as that new baby of yours won't be sleepy forever...But, every post I read I love. Mix babies and (your) creativity, and I can't resist a read. Even when my own children are screaming. (Don't you love how I'm always your first comment? What a devoted friend!)

    ReplyDelete