Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hand, Foot & Mouth



What a summer it's been. We've had 100+ degree weather (I'm sure a lot of you can relate), this pregnancy...it's a boy!...has been super easy except for my killer allergies, and the kids keep getting mystery illnesses. The latest (and worst yet) is this mystery virus called hand, foot and mouth.

It's a gnarly virus that causes a high fever followed by blisters in the inside and outside of the mouth and a sometimes feet and hands. It lasts up to 10 days and there is no medicine other than Tylenol. My babies got the fever and the mouth blisters. This was the worst because they didn't want to eat or drink. The upside was that Tripp got rid of his pacifier - his mouth was in so much pain that sucking on his binkie was out of the question. And since his recovery, he hasn't looked back. Penn on the other hand almost loves it more - it was her ultimate soothie during this uncomfortable virus.



Just when it looks like the babies are on the mend, and my life might get a little easier, Luci is running hot and telling me it hurts when she swallows...YIKES! And even though it's rare for adults to get it, I keep feeling sores in my mouth...


Oh, and Barb, if you're reading this, i'm craving your choco chip cookies - the ones with the vanilla pudding. Can you send me the recipe ASAP?

5 comments:

  1. love you, love you. thanks for posting. congrats on the boy. so, so exciting. I always want to be pregnant so I'm envious. Maybe soon. If I didn't have to buy another car it would be so much easier! And nice to see the babies again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The twins are as cute as ever. Trip's face in that picture is too funny. Glad those two are better and hope Luci doesn't get anything serious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well hello there lady! I hope Luci doesn't get it! No fun. Congrats on the baby boy. How perfect to have 2 of each.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a boy?! How coool! Congrats!
    That virus is not fun from what I hear. I was warned of it this summer when we were at the pool we joined - they said don't let the kids drink the water! Wow - who knew?! I guess they can get it anywhere though. I hope they are ok now (well, it's been a while!) -
    Here comes fall around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah Hand, Foot & Mouth is going around in our area as well. Luckily mine have escaped it so far (knock on wood). Hope the whole family gets well very soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete