
Last night we colored eggs. I had every intention of using Not Martha's recipe for the "ultimate dyed eggs", but time was running out and PAAS was calling my name. Good thing too cuz I don't think Luci has the patience to wait for food coloring dyes to kick in.

We used the PAAS Neon kit and doubled up on the tabs and doubled the vinegar. Luci was an expert egg dipper, wathcer and checker.

All of her hard work paid off. The results were nothing short of beautiful. I've never seen such bright easter eggs in my life.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that we added glitter to some of the dyes. Every princess needs a little sparkle, even on their eggs!

Now our house smells like a huge boiled egg and I'm wondering if they'll last till Sunday. Do hardboiled eggs have a short shelf life?
I think we're doing tye-dye eggs this year...jealous? (I don't know why I say that == maybe because i think Californians like tye-dye!)
ReplyDeleteSo awesome. I can't wait until Julianna is old enough so we can do this together. That looks like so much fun!
ReplyDeleteNate freaked over these pics, he was like "those are so pretty and hey is that Luci!!??" So cute. Looks like fun and great shots!
ReplyDeleteSo pretty! That's cool to put the glitter in the dye! My friends and I are doing some tomorrow and I am definitely getting glitter for mine. I also want to get some feathers to make some little birds out of them :-) I love holiday crafts!
ReplyDeleteOh I love the glittery ones
ReplyDeleteThey turned out so bright! We added glitter to some of our dye, too!
ReplyDelete