Saturday, March 5, 2011

Picture Motherhood: Window

It's kinda funny. When I started this project, I was really stressed out about themes...I would think about it and try to set up the perfect shot and then get bummed out when it ended up being too literal or not as creative as I had hoped.

But as the weeks go by, like all moms, I've become too busy to worry about it till the last minute and when I do think about it, it's because I was inspired at the moment...

Like these pictures. I had gotten to Lu's school a little early for pick-up. The babies were in the back seat asleep and I was quietly watching her play through my car window. I was thinking to myself that I spend a lot of time sitting in my car. And I realized that if I'm ever just gazing out a window, appreciating nature and life in general, it's usually through the window of my car.
And usually when I look up, this is the beauty I see...

14 comments:

  1. That photo of your kids in the backseat is just priceless. However did you get the two mirrors to line up like that and get your daughter to look at the camera at the same time? I'm glad to see you're capturing moments that are meaningful and relevant to you. I enjoy seeing how you interpret the themes every week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shot of Luci and the babes is perfection, I love that you can see them in their mirrors! The pic of you came out pretty great too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need me one of those big monkeys - my mirror thing stinks

    love the pic of you

    ReplyDelete
  5. The second shot is so perfect! Love your sunglasses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely picture! Coming over from FTLOB! Cute blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Love the little mirrors!! She is just soooo cute! I love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love this picture. I also love that they make mirrors like that. I was wondering how you would see your baby with the backwards car seat. I need the experienced mom wisdom you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite 52 post so far! The picture is perfect! Beautifully done!

    Im falling behind on this project. I need to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both pictures are fantastic, but I especially love the last one! :]

    ReplyDelete