Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hi, My Name is Kari...

And I'm a recovering workaholic...now addicted to diet coke, blogging, and spending money at Target & Costco. BUT that's not all that I'm about. I'm also a 35 year old (YIKES) mom to three little people, wife to a great man, and friend to many.

I've been wanting to introduce myself to y'all for awhile now and couldn't quite figure out how to do it without looking weird. Then, I saw a bunch of you Vlogging and/or doing a Q&A and decided this might be the perfect opportunity to show off :) Anyhow, here we go:

Where are you from? If you could live anywhere, where would that be?
I'm a southern California native - born, raised, and currently reside just north of Los Angeles. I went to college in Wisconsin and when people would ask me where I lived, I would tell them I'm North of LA, South of Santa Barbara, and just East of Malibu. Now, I can say that I live in the same area as the Kardasians & Britney Spears...although their houses are probably 8000+ sqft bigger!

I LOVE where we live, just not the house that we live in. We're about 20 minutes from the beach and 3 hours from the mountains. So, if I could live anywhere I'd just move 10 minutes away into a bigger house in a community behind gates. Where we live we get a ton of solisiters late at night and I hate when the door bell rings at 9PM and it's a guy selling magazines! What???

What's the hardest thing about having twins?
So far, the hardest thing has been having a 3 year old and twins. Whoever said it was the terrible two's was wrong...three has been rough! She's a lot smarter, knows what she wants, and wants it NOW. And having two babies and a young adult to care for has been a handful. Plus, we have to work around Luci's schedule, so the babies have had to learn to be flexible. The good thing is that they think she's hillarious. She's great for distractions and giggles!

Other than that, I like to tell people that having twins is like having one big baby. I try to do everything at the same time. They eat, sleep, and bathe at the same time and have even been meeting milestones at the same time. Tripp's about to walk so that might change things up a bit...I can't wait!

Will you have more kids?
Yes, we're hoping to have one more...Preferably a boy.

How long does it take you to get out of the house, and what do you always bring?
This is a tough one for me to answer cuz, to be honest, I'm not a big planner. I've never been a diaper bag person am probably that mom that everyone hates cuz I show up at the playdate unprepared. What I do with the twins is keep a huge Lands End tote in the trunk of my car with diapers, wipes, extra pacifiers, canned formula, water, 2 bottles, squeeze babyfood, puffs & a change of clothes/jammies. In case I need anything, I know it's there - I can just run out to my car and get it. I also keep a blanket in the basket of my stroller (which is always in my car) Plus, I'm the queen of changing diapers on my lap - people are either impressed or repulsed!

So getting out of the house only involves putting my babies in their carseats and checkign to make sure that I don't leave anyone in the driveway as I pull away.

This was fun...great way to get over bloggy block! Part II later...And if you have any other questions, ask away!

I'm also linking up. This week's theme is Self Portrait/Couples.

12 comments:

  1. How fun! I am learning there are lots of bloggers in California! I need to make a trip down there :)
    Can't wait to see how you edit this beautiful self portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just loved loved loved reading this!!! I love learning new stuff about you, especially that you're not a planner :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was super fun - I loved learning more about you and I like your take on your self portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome shot and loved getting to know more about you. i'm with you 3 yr olds are TOUGH. i have a 3, 4, and 5 yr old and the two youngest are 10 months apart - they are like twins and some days they ROCK my world. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love learning about you this way, Kari! And I am absolutely IMPRESSED with the diaper on the lap trick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im sooo not a planner, I love it when I meet other people who aren't, I loved leaning new things about you!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I loved this. I usually change Parker in the stroller and get funny looks! It's better than putting him on the sink in the bathroom if they don't have a changing area, right? Love your selfie too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great selfie! it was fun learning more about ya. having one kid has got me beat... you are wonder woman to be a mom of three! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the self portrait. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the editing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for answering my question! I feel like my fan mail got answered!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm impressed with your lap diapering skills! I never even thought to do it that way. Your intro made me laugh out loud. So very glad to know more about you : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love where we live too, most cause I've met some awesome friends like you!

    ReplyDelete