
Believe it or not, these are two of the few chairs that we currently have in our home. When toys took over the dining room we did what any normal parent would do, we got rid of the only table where we would eat our meals (with the exception of our patio set...as I type this it's raining). So, Luci eats at her little table on her little, pink chair, the twins have the luxury of padded seats, and mommy and daddy suffer on the couch in front of the TV (gasp!). I know it's horrible, and believe me I think about the importance of the family dinner table daily, but at the moment, while our babies (and our house) are little, this is our life. These are our chairs.

Looks a little something like the seating in my tiny house. We do still have a kitchen table but it is normally piled high with clean laundry & such so the couch is our go to option!
ReplyDeleteIn our small kitchen we have one of these big highchairs. It is constantly in our way and we push it all around the kitchen. The rest of us usually eat in shifts in the kitchen. The boys then me and dad. But mostly because we don't want to be part of the food fight. Yup the joys of motherhood.
ReplyDeleteI love these photos showing the bottom half of your two highchairs and Luci playing below. I can't believe you have no dining table ... we spend so much time huddled around ours. I think I would give up my sofa before my dining table. Goes to show you how different we all are. If it works, it works!
ReplyDeleteOh! I love love love this photo. I'm excited for our first baby but really excited for continuing to grow our family :)
ReplyDeleteI always love what you write with your photos. You are so funny girl! I hate to say that I hate our big high chair! It's in the way of everything! I can't wait for that thing to be gone... forever! :) You kiddos are so cute.
ReplyDeleteI never noticed that you don't have a table. We have 2 and don't use them often. Can you imagine a day without high chairs and baby stuff? Prob not since you are having more. :)
ReplyDeleteTables are overrated with small children! We have a formal dining table and we barely ever use it, unless we have company. Most of the time we eat at our breakfast bar and Bugsy eats at his kid table.
ReplyDeleteHi Kari, I totally love these photos! :)
ReplyDeleteCan I share that I barely use our dining table too? Most of my meals are eaten on the sofa while watching TV or N play. lol
Oh my, woman! I know what you are going through!!! I'm so happy we found each other, LOL. Now, we can turn to each other in times of straight FEAR. haha, just kidding. But really.... I promise, the older they get, the easier it gets, sorta. More tantrums but also, more independence. I am absolutely in love with having twins. Its such a rare and special gift to be able to raise two little people, same age, at the same time. And the fact that you have a little Luci too! I hope you keep in touch! I bet we could talk for hours about our lives and how similar they are. xoxo
ReplyDeleteNic
Haha - I was totally just thinking of ditching our dining room table for the toys too!
ReplyDelete