As I got ready to go to Luci's Valentines Day party today dressed all in pink with a blinking heart necklace and heart sunglasses, I came up with the topic for this week's theme: Abandoned.Since becoming a mom, I've abandoned a lot of things...work, heels, hangovers, movie dates, wearing necklaces (that aren't teethers), getting my hair done, wearing make-up regularly (if at all)...you get the point.
But the thing I'm most proud of, is my total abandonment of myself conciousness! And I don't mean that I'm proud of all of the above. It's just that since becoming a mom, I don't HAVE to be the prettiest or the most popular, or have the nicest things or make the most money. My babies think I'm fantastic, pretty, smart and the funniest person in the world...and the feeling's mutual.


That's so very very true! I can totally relate to that!
ReplyDeleteSo true! I love those parts of motherhood too. Those glasses are fun and you look great in them. Great post and photo.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE it. So true. xo
ReplyDeleteI love that! :)
ReplyDeletei can completely relate. although i can't leave the house without at least mascara. ha.
ReplyDeleteSOO true. Great reminder! And through a mom's lack of self consciousness, comes true beauty.
ReplyDeleteI love how there are multiple baby arms in the picture - too cute
ReplyDeleteI concur whole heartedly! Great post!
ReplyDeleteIsn't that the truth. No matter what kind of day you are having or no matter how you look or feel - Your baby loves you sooo much! It's the best feeling ever!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this so true!!! life is sooo different and I LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteAw :-) The hangovers part made me laugh a little bit... I won't be sad to abandon those when the proper time comes!
ReplyDeleteI meant to tell you I liked this post. Fortunately, I'm weird all the time and I never had to abandon that part of me when I became a mom!
ReplyDelete