Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Photos = Friends

It's funny how photography brings people together...I mean, just today I met my new neighbor across the street because of photography.

Sure, she noticed me taking a picture in the middle of the street in front of her house and mistakenly assumed I was a weirdo just randomly invading her privacy (NOTE: I live in Los Angeles...there are a lot of wierdos, and a lot of people who don't like having their picture taken). No, I assured her, I am just a mom taking full advantage of the final minutes of my sitter being with my babies. I told her I was inspired to stop my car in the middle of the street to capture the last light before sunset. She looked at me real funny. I don't think my explaination convinced her I wasn't weird...

Since starting my blog, I've met a ton of amazing like-minded women who are friends, teachers, inspiring artists, critics, motivational speakers and definitely good listeners...

Thanks for not thinking I'm weird...You know how it is, I'm just trying to get that perfect, beautiful shot!

Oh, and if you still think I'm weird and you want me to prove I'm not, ask me a question and I'll try to give you a straight answer!

11 comments:

  1. I think I would beat you out for the weird award any day! The homeschooling alone should do the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome! I love your photo that you just had to take! woohoo! Hey, If wasn't here in NJ, I would your friend and take photos with you LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Im sure my neighbors think I'm crazy for constantly chasing my kids around with my camera. :). We should do a meet up this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture is very pretty! I always have my camera with me. I'm sure people think I'm crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, i get a LOT of weird looks when i take my camera out somewhere like target or a restaurant :)
    but i don't care, the memories are totally worth the strange looks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahah yes there are lots of weirdos in LA, but thats cute you met your neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous shot. The sky has been so pretty here lately!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful picture! Worth stopping in the middle of the street to get!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love your blog so much.))*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous photo and fun story to go along with it : ) What a cool way to say how you met your neighbor : ))

    K
    NewParent.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the photo of the sky. I love taking pictures of the clouds <3

    ReplyDelete