I thought this was such a good idea. I remember seeing something like this on a cute Target commercial and was inspired. We had done this before at Baby Class and it had been a hit. Adding Luci into the mix would only make it better? A creative 3 year old, a young student trained in the art of painting and imagination...Boy was I wrong!
I spent a good hour moving furniture, rolling out and taping the paper to the ground, covering our "grandma couch" (the one that my mom gave us that sat in her living room untouched till it came to my house) so not to get paint on it. I was so proud of myself I took a picture of my set-up with my phone and sent it to my friend Ashley inviting her over to paint!
It took 5 minutes to realize this was a BAD IDEA!!!
Tripp freaked out and crawled straight onto the one area of carpet that wasn't covered, getting paint everywhere. Luci took all four bowls of paint colors and mixed them together to make a beautiful shade of Brown. Penny decided she needed to taste the paint and drank from a bowl like it was a cup! All of this realized through the viewfinder of my camera!
Thank goodness Ashley didn't come over. As soon as I snapped, all babies were in the bath and the paper was up and in the trash!
Will I try this again? No way Jose... A wise veteran of motherhood (my sister) once told me, "leave the 3 Ps at school...Playdough, Paint & Puzzles." I learned the hard way that she was right!
We'd love a vote!

you're right the three P's should stay at school and play class
ReplyDeletehahaha this is hilarious. Penny drinking the paint is classic. I took my time coming over that day because I knew my two would for sure make a good idea go bad. Looks like you guys didn't need our help. :)
ReplyDeleteHaha you are brave to of even attempted it LOL
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh!! you are brave for trying! what a priceless pic that you will laugh about someday. maybe not someday soon, but someday ;)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, that looks like such a disaster. You're sister is wise beyond her years....
ReplyDeleteOh no, bad grammar -- your sister, not you're!!
ReplyDeleteOMG Kari, this is too funny!!! I bet they looked so cute though! xoxo
ReplyDeleteI have tried something similar.. trying to get a foot print of my, got it on the foot put her foot in her mouth, on the carpet, hand in paint than hair. it was bad.. and I couldnt take a picture so Im glad you got that lol
ReplyDeletethey are too cute though..
aww makes for a good picture though! Have you heard of pudding paint? Just use white pudding and food coloring I think and they can eat it all they want ha
ReplyDeleteHahaha WOW looks fun though :)
ReplyDeleteOh no!!! I can just imagine the mess you had to clean up. I'm always afraid of those messes myself.
ReplyDeleteWhat an ADORABLE pic!
ReplyDeleteyou are a brave lady!! I JUST started letting Emma watercolor. I think we'll try finger paints when it warms up and we can do it outside.
ReplyDeleteWhat a mess! I've tried that before...but outside, in my driveway!!! I love the picture, though!
ReplyDeleteWow! That was VERY brave, and what a great picture!! I let my kids do paint outside, and I make them clean up the playdough, the puzzles are also their domain, but then again, my house is always messy. I pay the price... Those three p's are not for the faint of heart! I would say though, that if you have the courage to do them, and the ability to consistently try to train (your older ones, like 2 and up) how to use them properly, the learning opportunities are endless! Out of them all, paint is perhaps the gutsy-est. Wow! and with two infants!! This picture blows my mind! I hope you enjoy laughing over it with them when they're older! :)
ReplyDelete