Saturday, January 8, 2011

Yucky Homework

Yuck...Homework. So my homework is due tomorrow and I'm scrambling to get it done. It's earily familiar, this feeling of dread and fear. It brings me back to college and having to write a term paper. I remember how much I hate pouring myself into something and then putting yourself out there for another to critique your work. Just writing this is making me cringe...

So, if you're interested, here is Week 1's homework.

Now, keep in mind, I'm not 100% sure if what I'm doing is correct, I don't know if we're supposed to alter the image in any way (I'm assuming not b/c this week was all about exposure), and cuz I'm a mommy, I didn't have that much time to devote to my lessons.

Shutter Speed
capture action = speed up shutter speed/create motion = slow down shutter speed

Aperture/f-stop
Place two objects about a foot apart, one in front of the other. Take one picture with a shallow depth of field, and another with greater depth of field.
F 4.2, 1/13, ISO 800

f 16, 1", ISO 800

ISO
Outside, shoot an object at ISO 100, then again at ISO 400 or higher while maintaining good exposure. Then, go inside and find the appropriate f-stop/shutterspeed and increase the ISO till you have an appropriate ISO.

I'm still working on the 1st part, but here's the second part:
So...(I'm cringing) what do you think? All the Photographers out there...any comments? I have to turn this in tomorrow and want to be the best in the class! XOXO

P.S. for any of you who entered the Best Faces of 2010 contest...did any of you notice your picture was no longer there? I checked today and #575 was not my photo! Did I get eliminated for some reason? Just wondering...

We'd love a vote!
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

9 comments:

  1. Your ISO shot is super cute! Good job, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shots look great!!!

    Is this with Photo 101 with Nicole??? I'm taking this now. :) I shared my "day in the life of..." yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you're totally getting it! i love your capture action shot. perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots! What photo class are you taking? I am starting one tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! i wish i had a camera that could do nice things.....i was trying to do bokeh with my canon sd (it said you could on searching) but i have the hardest time...love the captures hun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they are great!!!! I dont have a clue what Im talking about but I give you an A+!!!! Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Much for putting my button on your page!!!!!! Your awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really great, I think you nailed it. I love your shutter speed shots, both are great. I have no idea what the assignment is on that last one, that sounds so confusing to me! I hope my class isn't as hard as yours. haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi from FTLOB

    I am in the process of trying to learn how to use my DSLR. Looks great!!!

    Trish @ http://enjoythislifeofours.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went and checked the iheartfaces thing. I wondered why I wasn't #93 and what I think it did was it made everyone's pic go in order from the person with the most votes (being in spot #1) to last place after the contest ended.

    ReplyDelete