Sunday, January 30, 2011

Picture Motherhood: Brown

Brown...well, my hair is now brown. Not by choice...I stopped coloring my hair when I was pregnant with the twins and found out it's my natural color. And now that I have three kids I can't seem to find the time to go get it done; it's just not a priority.

Ever since I can remember, I've been a blond. Living in So. Calif. it's easy to be blond...I think I was 13 when my mom first took me to get my hair highlighted. From that point, there was no turning back.

My husband met, fell in love with, and married a blond. I know he wants me to get it done (he reminds me every week that I should "take care of myself and go get my hair done". But I kinda like it (and no more roots!). Who knows, maybe sometime soon you'll meet the blond me, but for now, I'm digging being "brown."

After looking at this picture for too long, I just realized another brown casualty of living in So. Cali...sun spots. YUCK!

We'd love a vote!
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

12 comments:

  1. Oh I grew my hair out to it's natural color when I was pregnant, too. I'm glad I did cause I didn't want to have to deal with the maintenance while pregnant and caring for a newborn. And now that Bennett is older, it just isn't a priority for me either.
    Although, sometimes, I miss my blonde hair and tan skin. Ah well! Here's to being a low-maintenance mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the brown!! I just got my hair done yesterday, it had been a year since I last got it done, and wouldn't have gotten it done yesterday if my sister wasn't a stylist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pic is so cute. You look great "brown" but I haven't seen blond either. I hate the sun spots, I have them too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW where are your buttons? I'm trying to grab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I think your hair looks really pretty. I'm naturally a brunette too. Not sure about the day I actually go back to being one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally think you are rocking the brown hair..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pic! i like the brown. It totally works with your tan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it! I used to dye mine too, it has been every color. I would even have it colored to match my children's hair. So much maintenance work and so expensive! I loved it a light blond but love the low maintenance of brown now. Either way do what makes you happy, you are a cute brunette.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kari -
    Bein an x-hairdresser, I saw alot of people go through these types of transitions... I have to tell you, I think it looks very nice. If you decide to stay brown, think of it this way- you can splurge on yourself some other way, like a pedicure or new outfit!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Being a brunette myself, I'm partial to brown - but I think it looks great on you! I agree with Skye - just "take care of yourself" another way :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your brown hair and this shot! It made me smile and, after feeling under the weather for a couple of days, I so needed that. Thanks. I have grey hair peeking out of my black tresses but cannot deal with dealing with roots showing. I'm beginning to like my speckled hair.

    ReplyDelete