Monday, December 13, 2010

Meal Planning Monday

So, things haven't been as healthy as I'd have hoped...and I keep wispering the dreaded "it's the holiday season" excuse to myself. But as long as we're eating at home, I think we're doing allright. Right?

Monday: Roasted Chicken w/ vegies & red potatos
Tuesday: Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese
Wednesday: Chicken Caesar Salad w/ crusty baguette
Thursday: Baked Salmon & Wild Rice w/ broccoli
Friday: Eggs Benedict w/ home fries (hubby wanted eggs - why not fancy eggs?)

Wish me luck. Now I've got to go grocery shopping...

Don't forget to check out our giveaway below!

11 comments:

  1. this all sounds fantastic! oh how i wish matthew and i could stick to a list like yours. i think the key is to make the list and go grocery shopping right away so that you have no excuse not to stick to it!!

    hope everything goes according to play lovely lady :)

    xoxo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, making me hungry with all these yummy ideas!

    Another great way to cook chicken that goes great with red potatoes is to mix up a rub of Chili Powder, Cumin, a little crushed rosemary, and some garlic salt, rub it on Chicken tenderloins, and then broil it for around 8-10 minutes flipping half way through. It's a recipe from the South Beach Diet cook book and it's SO easy to cook and to make varying amounts of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my hop @ http://myadventures-in-mommyland.blogspot.com/ & linking up to Mommy Mondays.

    I'm now following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! I love your meal plans. I feel like I can never think of what to make and we end up eating out. You are doing great by eating at home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love planning out my meals. That way you know what to get at the store and you're on track for eating at home for the week. Can't beat that! Happy cooking :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks like a great menu! The baked salmon w/wild rice is my favorite, I just love salmon....
    Stopping by from tasty Tuesday blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great meals for the week! I'm trying my best to eat at home all week. Fingers crossed! Ha! I'll let you know how I like the Kashi cereal :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should totally turn this into a blog hop. I think it would really help a lot of us not only plan our meals for the week, but get ideas for what to make!
    Also, can I come over for dinner this week? lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks so amazing! I have forgotten to meal plan lately and have been running around too much for holiday stuff. I need to get back to it!

    p.s. Found you via Supermom!

    ReplyDelete