Help me...my mommy dresses me in girls clothes!Wednesday was really rough. It was rainy out and I was stuck inside with two sick babies. Both wanted to be held and cuddled all day but of course, they didn't want to share mommy. At one point, both were crying, and I really had to dig down deep to keep from crying myself.
The absolute worst was when Tripp had a huge accident and it got everywhere. I put both babies in Penn's crib while I tried to find Tripp some clean jammies. I couldn't find any boy jammies, but we've got a million girl clothes... turns out Tripp looks really good in Pink!
To make a long story short, I need to buy boy clothes! I can make a little girl look adorable, but I'm hopeless when it comes to boys. The Hubby isn't too keen on Tripp wearing Penn's clothes. And my hand me downs are running out.
Help! Where do you guys go to buy your little guys clothes?
We'd love a vote!

Ha poor Tripp. And poor mama with 2 sick babies! :( I love Old Navy.
ReplyDeleteFor little man - a lot comes from the consignment store, but Old Navy is good, carters and oshkosh too.
ReplyDeleteAdorable photo!! Stopping by to invite you to come check out week 5 of Thrifty Thursdays. Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteJohnnie
Hi I am a new follower, I have 7 kids so most of all of my clothes are bought thrift store so i cant be much of a help. Have a great day your kids are beautiful.
ReplyDeletehttp://thisnthatboutiqueblog.blogspot.com/
Oh no! Thats when you take tons of pictures and mess with their heads when they get a bit older! LOL! Totally kidding, of course! I actually have a post about how I shop for my children's clothes, if you are interested...
ReplyDeletehttp://sofiasideas.com/2010/06/28/5-sofias-ideas-on-frugal-family-fashion/
We have 5 kids, going on 6, so I've had to get smart about it! :)
Hi Luci!!! :) I have given you a stylish blog award on my page, stop bye to see!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year. xoxo
kate
Ok, well maybe already everyone knows this, but my favorite new site is zulily.com. I'm addicted to their daily sales. They have boutique clothes at TJ Maxx prices. I actually am trying to restrain myself money-wise, but this will be a good option when I'm back in the market for some clothes.
ReplyDeleteI think we have all done that. To funny. By neutral color and both can wear them. Although I was at Kohls the other day and grabbed some good deal on little boy and girl clothes. It was their after Christmas clearance.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweetie! Adorable baby <3
ReplyDeleteI'm your new follower =)
Would love a follow back and a follow on Bloglovin' if possible =D
Happy New Year!
//Nellie
http://sockertussen.blogspot.com
Have you been to H&M? They have cuter little boy clothes for cheap. Tripp always looks like a handsome devil when I see him! Keep doin' what your doin' sister! And hang in there... you are a fantastic Mom!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the style of your blog!!!
ReplyDeleteWe are following you from the Thirsty Thursday Hop and would for you to follow us if you're diggin' what we're doin'!
kocoandviking.blogspot.com
I hope the babes are feeling better!
ReplyDeleteI buy Jack's clothes from all over, but I really love Wal-Mart and Target. Cheap and cute! I also shop Old Navy and Gymboree pretty often. The Carters and OshKosh outlets are great too!
My son is 4 but I get his clothes at Gap, Old Navy, Target, H&M, and onesies that wil get dirty and you change about 2-3 times a day, Walmart. I buy the pack of white ones and they are cheap, that way they stay clean by using a bit of bleach in the wash. I then buy a few shorts, pants, shirts at the other stores. He usually just wore onesies at home anyways. Hope it helps! Try Craigslist for moms who need to get rid of baby boy clothes for cheap!
ReplyDelete-Reyna
www.glamglory.blogspot.com
Awww poor little guy, that is the cutest but saddest picture! Hope the twins are feeling better!
ReplyDeleteI love zulily and gilt.com for baby clothes. I also saw some really cute stuff for boys at Baby Gap the other day.
ReplyDeleteH&M Kids, Zara Kids, Crazy8. I love the sweatshirts for boys at crazy8!
ReplyDeleteI love carters and gymboree. Lucky for me, there are outlet stores 10 miles from my (unlucky for the husband).
ReplyDeleteLuci - I am with you, I think it's easier to dress a girl than a boy. TO me it seems the gil clothes are way more abundant and most times cuter... I was thankful I had a girl for that reason! LOL.
ReplyDeleteTry Craigslist.com under "Baby & kids" - I see stuff on there all the time where people are looking to sell hardly used clothes for dirt cheap - I have gotten some great finds on there- especially the ones that sell a whole bin of clothes for like $5 LOL! Can't beat that even if you only use half of them! Or try consignment... if you have any kids consignment by you ...
Value Village, Once Upon a Child, Freecycle & hand me downs! Yah... we're cheap. But with 3 boys I've learned that there ARE some cute things out there.... Walmart, Sears, Old Navy.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
i almost always buy from old navy, target, and kohls. i always check the clearance rack first and usually find some great stuff for next to nothing. my older three are of age where name brands are important to them. i shop online for most stuff because i can get a great deal if i keep my eye open. and i never pay for shipping. the key is to call and ask for free shipping. I have always been offered either a code for either a percentage off my total that would cover shipping or offered a code that gives me free shipping. just have to ask!
ReplyDeleteIt is sooooo hard to find boy clothes!! It frustrates me to no end. I usually stick with Target and Old Navy.
ReplyDeleteHi Kari! Ok so I have two boys. I love Target for their Paul Frank stuff and jammies. I love Old Navy for pants and nicer shirts (the only problem I find is their selection is so much smaller, so check online). I shop GAP online for the sale items only because it can be expensive. I haven't checked Macy's in a while but they usually have cute boys clothes. Sometimes Nordstrom has some great boys clothes in the sale section (I got Parker a super cute Quiksilver shirt for $7). I hope that helps! :)
ReplyDelete(I love hand me downs too because boys can be so rough with their clothes)
I can relate! I was hoping for a girl when I was pregnant with my first..and now I'm about to have my second son. Boys clothes just aren't as cute! However, I really like Gap (I always shop the sales!), some Gymboree, and I love the Tea collection (check out their website- such great quality clothes. Also, they have fabulous sales too!)
ReplyDeleteSorry your day was rough...my second isn't even here yet and I have days where I want to cry because my back is killing me from being pregnant and carrying around my 18 month old. Can't even imagine what it will be like with two!
That is one of the cutest pictures I have ever seen.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great New Year!
:)
Rachel
My favorite place to shop for my boys was and is The Children's Place. They have super cute stuff and if you sign up for their newsletter you'll get great coupons too. Good luck on the hunt for new stuff and hope the boys are feeling better.
ReplyDeleteI'm an Old Navy, babyGap, Target girl. Have you heard of thredUP (http://www.thredup.com/) - it's a way to swap clothes with other parents for cheap. I haven't tried it, but it looks cool. I think you can get a box of good clothes for like $5. That is such a sad picture - but it's gorgeous at the same time!
ReplyDelete