Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Swap

Today is Tasty Tuesday over at For the Love of Blogs, and it just so happens that they are featuring Love, Luci! How exciting...and oh, so appropriate.




I'll be cooking and tasting all day today. Yesterday I made the rounds at the grocery stores trying to find all the ingredients for my Thanksgiving Swap dishes - how come Trader Joe's doesn't have everything?

The Thanksgiving Swap is something new that I'm doing with my mommy friends this year. I'm sure some of you have done this before, but I haven't and I'm very intrigued...we have 7 mommies and each of us is assigned a side dish/dessert. We each are to make that dish 7 times and somehow after the swapping is complete, we're supposed to have a complete Thanksgiving dinner with only the turkey left for us to make ourselves.

It kinda sounds like a Xmas Cookie Exchange, but with green beans instead of rice crispy squares. Did I make any sense? All I know is that I'm making 12lbs of wild rice w/ mushrooms and cranberries and green beans w/ a bacon vinaigrette. If I did this wrong, my family will be eating a lot of rice and beans on Thursday.

Oh, did I mention the best part of the Thanksgiving Swap? Wednesday evening all the mommies are getting together at a house to do our swapping and have some pre-holiday cocktails. I'll have to come up with some festive cocktail recipes...any suggestions?

Now off to start cooking.

7 comments:

  1. What a Post! I love cooking and baking....except we live far from fam so it's just the four of us and we end up gaining a gazillion pounds....thanks for linking up and congrats on being featured! enjoy the tasty week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great idea! I have to admit that I have never hosted Thanksgiving at my own home. We always go to the inlaws. Now that we have a family I might have to break the tradition. Just thinking about it stresses me out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun idea... hope the swap goes well and that recipes follow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea!! But, I'm so out of the loop when it comes to recipes and such. If it doesn't go in the microwave, I pretty much don't fix it! ;) I'm also one of those weird people who don't like cake or pie, so I rarely bake. I know, I know, I'm a freak!!

    :)
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so clever! Good luck with your rice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fun idea. Hope it goes well! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome idea, I can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete