My mom and dad like to tease me that, growing up, I was a total pain around my birthday. You see, my birthday is May 12th...which usually ends up on or around Mother's Day. When you're 10, 11, 12, having to share your birthday with your mom isn't always a dream come true. Looking back, I guess you could say that I was a spoiled brat cuz as a mom, it makes for a pretty awesome weekend!
The weekend started on Friday morning when Luci's preschool class had a special Mother's Day breakfast. They served homemade muffins and juice and gave us special note pads that depicted their favorite thing to do with mom. Luci's is gardening with mommy...LOVE it!
Saturday was my birthday. I spent it with a couple of girlfriends, lounging by the pool and getting a massage...pure bliss. Then, that evening Mark and I met the same girlfriends and their husbands for a fun birthday dinner filled with too much wine and too loud laughs.
Sunday, Mother's Day, we had breakfast at IHOP and went on a hike. It ended up being a short one since it was about 90 degrees and the sun was blazing. As usual, we're quite the spectical with all our little ones...but I wouldn't have it any other way.






Why wasn't I invited to the dinner...I could so use a catching-up dinner -- with wine -- with you!
ReplyDelete