Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Day We Made Pizza

As you know, we've been spending a lot of time at home. Trying to get out with the twins and an infant is the hardest thing I've ever done...we've done it a couple times and I end up feeling like one of my kids is inevitably gonna get lost cuz I can't keep track of all of them. It makes me crazy (and mean).

So, inspired by my friend Amy (homeschooling mom of 5), we've been doing a lot of crafty, do-it yourself activities. With a little help from our friend Trader Joe, we recently we made pizza. It was a huge success and it kept the kids busy for longer than I expected.

First we flour'd down the table and I let the kids roll out their dough. I gave them each a ball of dough and they had to take turns using the pin. Fortunately it didn't occur to Tripp to use the rolling pin as a bat.

Next, I let them put the sauce on the dough. They loved this cuz I let them make a mess. I'm not big on a messy kitchen - I'm the type to clean as I go - but I let go and let them go nuts...they got pretty saucey.

Next, we added our toppings. I knew that they'd end up eating cheese pizza, but I let Luci choose from what was in the fridge. They loaded it on...

I think Tripp ate more cheese than what he put on the pizza. Ta-da! The finished product. It was delicious. Things really taste better when they're made with love! Ahhhh....

5 comments:

  1. I'd be afraid to eat them if my toddlers made them! I'm not so adventurous to let them touch sauce either...

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! I need to let myself do this with julianna... and not be afraid! haahaa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea! I'll have to keep it in mind when my nephew gets a little older!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So impressed!
    A-for making this happen with all you have on your plate
    B-that your kids will eat mushrooms

    ReplyDelete