Sunday, March 27, 2011

Birthday Bonanza

Bad phone picture - taken while driving - I was so excited she fell asleep. She never does that anymore!

We're exhausted! This weekend we had a record 5 birthday parties! We ended up going to all but one cuz by the time Sunday rolled around, I was partied out, flying solo and the thought of hanging out at a park in 50 degree weather just didn't sound like fun...


It made me realize that Luci's getting to that age where our weekends will now be scheduled around her activities - no more productive Saturdays and lazy Sundays for Mommy & Daddy. I guess this time is supposed to be fun, but I'm exhausted and wondering when am I going to get my cleaning done?


My sister, who has 4 kids (ages 5 - 3rd grade) pretty much lives in her car all week - running back and forth between school, home and extra-ciricular activities. The other day she told me that after she drops the last one off, she wants to drive to Mexico and never come home... After this weekend I'm thinking about hitching a ride.


So, when does Mommy get a break? Well, one of the birthday parties this weekend was a Mommy Night Out. And, boy was it LONG OVERDUE. I've been putting off going out forever and it's always the same excuse...what will I wear? I'm too tired...I'd hate to leave Mark with the kids...blah, blah, blah.


What was I thinking? It was so much fun to go out with my girlfriends and just laugh. And we laughed hard! Although I paid the price on Saturday by showing up at the first birthday party late in the same make-up and jeans from the night before - it was totally worth it! Yay for Mommy Night Out!!!

5 comments:

  1. Yay is right! It was totally worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you got a good Mommy Night Out! Sometimes those are just what the doctor ordered, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 birthdays parties holy cow! Cake over load.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you had a fun night out! Our weekends have been insane for the past 2 years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a 12 year old daughter who is constantly keeping me on the go! Housework is always 2nd priority around here. Glad you enjoyed your mommy's day out. I need one of those :)

    ReplyDelete