Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Picture Day

Today was picture day. Unfortunately it was also the rainiest day we've had in ages. Double unfortunate, it was a day without Connie, my trusted mother's helper without whom I am completely on my own to do preschool drop off. IT WAS MISERABLE!!!

After spending all night making Luci's dress, I was exhausted. We got ready, got everyone fed, dressed, and in the car. I grabbed an umbrella and some trashbags and we were on our way. Why trashbags, you might ask? I used them as rain protectors for the babies - while not very attractive, it proved to be quite practical. And, no, I did not put them in the trashbags! But from the looks other moms were giving me, you'd have thought I had.

I dropped Lu off in her classroom with instructions for the teacher, "don't let her take her bow out, take her jacket off, and don't let her mascara run." Miss Erica gave me a funny look, so I had to reassure her the last one was a joke (that only I thought was funny). When I picked Lu up and asked how pictures went, she said it was great. They made her say "stinky feet"...ha ha ha. Then her teachers told me that picture day had to be rescheduled cuz of the rain.

It was an exhausting day. I'm glad I got the above picture because the next picture day will be very easy...Lu will be lucky if I brush her hair (or put her mascara on - ha ha ha).

No comments:

Post a Comment