Tuesday, July 13, 2010

summer garden

Here is what's growing in our garden this summer. We have zuccinni, greenbeans, snap peas, corn, tomatos of many colors and varieties, melons and raspberries. We're very excited about the corn...can't wait to see how big it gets.Unfortunately, the garden is no longer organic because we were infested with tomato catapillars (AKA "long horn catapillars") and after attempting to kill them the nice, organic way (funny) I had to pull out the big guns and shoot them up with a pesticide. It worked and they are gone...we just can't eat right off the vine anymore. But the raspberries are safe to eat and Lulu digs right in.

Props to my husband who did not abandon the garden like I wanted to. I was way to pregnant to plant and he did all the hard work. Thanks honey! The raspberries were worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment