Monday, August 24, 2009

Relaxing Weekend in Palm Springs

So, our weekend didn't start off that great, but we made up for it as soon as we go to beautiful Palm Springs.

Kim's trusty Honda Oddessy broke down for the millionth time on the way there - it just so happens that she broke down in the same car in the same city on the way home from Palm Springs two years earlier. For this reason, she wasn't supposed to drive the Oddessy to Palm Springs, but her husband's car was acting up. When she came to pick me up, I was surprised (and a little uneasy) to see her in the blue beauty.

We broke down in the middle of nowhere, halfway between home and PS; so we decided to forge ahead. We needed this weekend! We sent the Oddessy home and rented a car.


On to our peaceful weekend in PS...we arrived tired and hungry...Kim unlocks the front door and sets off the alarm. In a state of panic, we call the in-laws; the police are on their way! I guess the troops were called off, because they never showed. That would have been a good picture.

We settle in to our beautiful surroundings. Despite the 106 degree temp, we are determined to relax and enjoy ourselves in the wonderful house w/ a pool in the backyard. The first thing we do is turn on the air conditioner...then head to the gym.

The country club fitness center is fantastic. Because it is Summertime and no sane person spends time in PS when it's this hot, Kim and I have the place to ourselves (I mean all of Palm Springs). It was heaven - no kids to care for, no husbands to cook and clean for, and nothing to do to make us feel guilty about not getting done! We pretty much worked out, layed out, read, went swimming, talked, ate good food, watched stupid TV and slept.
Thanks Kim for taking me with you...I had a great time with you! I LOVE PALM SPRINGS!!!
I also love the native-California sustainable gardening I saw througout the desert. I'm still trying to figure out what the plant is above...as soon as I know what it is, it's going in our garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment